This weekend, sailing team of Washington College finished 18th of 18 teams at the championship Moody Trophy, which was hosted by the University of Rhode at Island.
How this happened
- Team of Washington college placed 18th in both the Divisions that is A and B.
- Paul Hart the skipper of team sailed with crew Ellie Lienert in A Division for the first six races and with crew members Griff Rodrigue for the rest of the races of A Division.
- Crew Allison Cochran and Skipper Will Sunkler sailed the B Division the first three races for Washington. And the next three races of B Division were sailed by Skipper Henry Proud with the crew Andrew Vernon. The rest of the races were sailed by skipper Sunkler and the crew member Vernon.
- A 12th-place finish in race 5B by Proud and Vernon was Washington’s best individual race finish of the weekend.
- On Saturday, Six races in each division were sailed and four were sailed on Sunday in each division.
- Mary’s, Harvard and Yale were the team who occupied the top three spots overall at the regatta.
Next to the Sailing Team Washington College
- 10/14-15 @ Luce Regatta (hosted by Cornell)
- The team, which will finish the top six at the Luce Regatta, will qualify for the final spots of six at the War Memorial, in the MAISA Fall Co Ed Dinghy Championships.
The team has to work really hard to secure its place in the top six positions, which seems really difficult in the coming four races. On the other hand, other teams who are in good form and have done well in held races are also there to give tough competition to them.